Chico Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Injured in a motorcycle accident?
With California's year-round sunshine, crowded freeways, and high cost of living, it's no wonder why so many people turn to motorcycles to save gas, money, and time on the road. Unfortunately, the latest travel data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reveals that motorcyclists are about 27 times more likely than car occupants to die in a motor vehicle crash.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident because a driver failed to yield the right of way, failed to "see you," or because they were simply negligent, you are urged to contact the Law Office of Adam Sorrells for top-notch legal representation.
Why we should be your first call:
- Experienced trial lawyer
- We offer FREE case evaluations
- Representing motorcycle riders since 1992
- Over one thousand depositions, arbitrations, & mediations
- We are a "no recovery, no fee" law firm
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, one of the
nation's leading associations of trial lawyers
As a motorcyclist, you're supposed to enjoy the same rights as other motorists on the roadway. When your life has been turned upside-down by an injurious accident, you deserve to be fully compensated for your losses. Let our Chico motorcycle accident attorney take care of the claims process so you don't have to.
Driver Negligence & Motorcycle Accidents
Whether it be a motorcycle accident or an automobile accident, the root cause of most accidents is one thing: driver negligence. According to the NHTSA, in 2012 93,000 motorcyclists were injured and 4,957 were killed in motor vehicle crashes – that's a lot of driver negligence.
Due to the lack of protection for motorcyclists, even a simple rear-end accident at low speeds can cause the motorcyclists to suffer traumatic brain injuries,
spinal cord injuries, or
death. Sadly, no amount of defensive driving can keep a motorcyclist safe at all times.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Drunk driving: Due to a delayed reaction time, blurred vision, and impaired decision-making, drunk drivers easily strike motorcyclists.
- Texting while driving: According to the NHTSA, in 2012 over 3,000 people were killed in distracted driving accidents, many of which involved texting while driving.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is any behavior that takes the driver's attention away from driving. When a driver isn't paying "attention," they can collide right into a motorcyclist.
- Aggressive driving: The NHTSA defines aggressive driving as committing moving traffic violations while endangering other persons or property. When a driver is engaging in aggressive behaviors, they are endangering the lives of motorcycle riders.
- Sudden stops: When a driver has a "panic stop" or brakes suddenly to avoid a pedestrian or object in the road, the motorcyclist won't have time to stop and can be sent flying off of their bike and into a fixed object, or tumbling down the roadway.
Call the Law Office of Adam Sorrells
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you must protect your rights against a low-balling insurance company. Call us to set up a free consultation with our motorcycle accident lawyer. In a free case evaluation, we will answer your questions and you can learn about our contingency fees!