Burn Injury Attorney in Chico
Have you been injured in a burn accident?
If you have been burned at work, at a restaurant or by defective home appliances, you may have a long rehabilitation ahead of you. If your burns were caused by negligence you have a right to obtain damages for your pain and suffering, ongoing rehabilitation, any reconstructive surgery as well as loss of income and loss of enjoyment of life, among other possible damages.
Chico burn injury attorney Adam Sorrells understands the unique problems burn victims face and will tirelessly fight for you so that you can fight your physical battle while our firm pursues compensation for you. The Law Office of Adam Sorrells specializes in personal injury cases and serves as counsel for victims of negligence. There is a great deal of pain and emotional damage that is part of a serious burn injury that has led to disfigurement.
How common are burn accidents/how often are burn injuries sustained?
While many individuals erroneously think that burn accidents are not that common, statistics suggest otherwise:
- According to the U.S. Vital Statistics and the National Burn Repository of the American Burn Association in 2012 500,000 burn injuries resulted in medical treatment
- Hospitalizations related to burn injuries were 40,000 including 30,000 at hospital burn centers
- 44% of victims were admitted after a fire incident, 33% were admitted after a scalding incident, 9% were admitted after contact (transfer of heat, from an object to the skin), 4% due to electrical incidents, 3% due to chemical incidents and 7% due to other causes
- 69% of burn incidents occur in the home, 9% at a place of occupation, 7% in the street/on the highway, 5% after a recreation or sports incident and 10% in other places
- According to the National SAFE KIDS Campaign and the United States Fire Administration, the majority of children ages 4 and under who are hospitalized for burn-related injuries suffer from scald burns (65%) or contact burns (20%)
- Approximately 88,000 children ages 14 and under were treated at hospital emergency rooms for burn-related injuries: 65,000 were for thermal burns and 25,500 were for scald burns
- According to the United States Fire Administration 1.25 million burn injuries occur each year
As you can see, burn injuries are serious problems that require serious legal representation. If you suffered emotional and physical injuries after a burn incident, you deserve to secure the legal assistance of a Chico burn injury attorney who will fight for your rights and best interests at all costs!
The Law Office of Adam Sorrells: Compassionate and Aggressive Legal Representation for Burn Injury Victims in Chico
If you have a family member who was injured in a burn accident and later died, you may be able to sue for wrongful death and obtain compensation for the dependants left behind. It is important to retain the services of an aggressive and competent Chico personal injury attorney if you hope to succeed against the army of lawyers that the opposition could hire. We take pride in meticulous trial preparation of all of our personal injury cases. When the opposition is confronted with the facts of the case they usually settle rather than incur additional cost of a trial they will not win. Burn victims capture the sympathy of the jury, and for good reason. There are few injuries as devastating and life changing as burn injury.
No matter what the details surrounding your's or your loved one's burn injury, we will help you fight for justice. Our commitment is personalized legal services and a caring approach so that your needs are met. Contact us as soon as you are able. We will give you an experienced assessment of your case and review the steps we will take to fight for the full compensation you need for all of your current and future needs.
Recovering from a serious burn often takes years of rehabilitation. We are here to help you and have a track record of success. A word of caution; do not accept any settlement offer before speaking to a Chico personal injury attorney. You have nothing to lose by getting legal advice and if you are being pressured to accept a settlement offer, you should know that you are likely in a very good position to extract the actual amount you should get as a result of the negligence of the responsible party. Take advantage of our free consultation and give us a call today for the compassionate and expert advice you need to guide you through this time!